Piano Man!








*The invention of the modern piano is credited to Bartolomeo Cristofori (1655-1731) of Padua, Italy, who was employed by Ferdinando de' Medici, Grand Prince of Tuscany, as the Keeper of the Instruments.

He was an expert harpsichord maker and was well acquainted with the previous body of knowledge on stringed keyboard instruments. It is not known exactly when Cristofori first built a piano.

An inventory made by his employers, the Medici family, indicates the existence of a piano by the year 1700; another document of doubtful authenticity indicates a date of 1698!* Wikpedia

Of all the instruments in the world, for me nothing beats the piano! I can't read music, but God has given me the ability to play, and I do often.

I find the piano..relaxing, soothing, inspiring, and comforting. I could go on...but you get the idea.

My piano tastes run from classical,to the gospel style of the late Anthony Burger.

What may surprise many people is...

I have played Piano at some of the largest Churches in the nation including, First Baptist Church Dallas, and Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis!

Of course no one was there except my wife, Laura...telling me to stop and that I was going to get caught!!

The Church I pastor, has a Baby Grand Mason Hamlin piano that is superb!

I have a small piano at home...but one day hope to buy a baby grand of my very own.

I am including two youtube selections that show the wide appeal of the piano, and two different styles...that I just love!

The first Anthony Burger!

The second Kevin Kern.

I can write long sermons listening to Anthony...and probably longer ones listening to Kevin:)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?