Got Soul?


What is the soul? We have all heard of soul food, soul music,soul train! Well you would remember that if your a baby boomer! We sometimes refer to someone as a lost soul…but if pressed for a definition, how would you define soul?

Augustine, one of western Christianity's most influential early Christian thinkers, described the soul as "a special substance, endowed with reason, adapted to rule the body".

Soul -noun Soul is a Middle English word coined before the 12th century.

1: the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life
2: the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe
3: a person's total self 2009 Merriam-Webster, Incorporated


"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely. And may your spirit, soul, and body be kept sound and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. “ (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

We then, are Spirit, Soul, and Body.

*With my spirit, I have a spiritual life and I know the world above me. With my soul, I have a psychological life and I know the world around me. With my body, I have physical life and I am related to the world beneath me.

When my spirit is right, I am holy. When my soul is right, I am happy. When my body is right, I am healthy. *Adrian Rogers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?