By God's Appointment!






Andrew Murray, (1828 – 1917 (aged 88), was a South African writer, teacher, and Christian pastor.

In 1895 Andrew Murray was in England suffering from a terribly painful back, the result of an injury he had incurred years before. He was staying with some dear friends.

One morning while he was eating his breakfast in his room, his hostess told him of a woman downstairs who was in great trouble and wanted to know if he had any advice for her.

Andrew Murray handed her a paper he had been writing on and said, "Just give her this advice I'm writing down for myself. It may be that she'll find it helpful."

This is what was written:

In time of trouble, say, "First, He brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest."

Next, "He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child."

Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow."

And last, say, "In His good time He can bring me out again. How, and when, He knows."

Therefore say,

"I am here"...

(1) By God's appointment

(2) In His keeping

(3) Under His training

(4) For His time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?