Memories!


     In the living of life, we are often so focused on goals and objectives…where we hope to go…where we want to go, that we neglect to celebrate the moments that happen to us, after all life is really moments one after another. I have always been a goal orientated person, and I believe we should aim high…

“There are no limits but the sky”

In the climb…we must not forget the journey!

I am thinking today about some of the moments that have lingered…and became a part of me.

This week I will celebrate 29 years of marriage to my beautiful bride Laura…I remember when friendship turned to love…and it burns brighter now, more than ever.

The memory of Holding my sons….lifting them to heaven and saying to them the words from roots... “Behold the only thing greater than yourself"

I remember the many and unique ways God has directed my life….the jobs, the education the calling on my life, to serve Him!

I am thinking of the brother and sister who were sitting on a curb eating ice cream, I said to them that looks good…the little girl said to me “My brothers is gooder than mine”

I remember asking my young son Ben once why he was always losing his shoes….he said “I don’t know I take them off, and they hide”

I remember my then six year old son Brian when asked the name of God replied “I am that I am” in a voice that was much more authoritative than a six year olds!

I remember wrestling with my youngest son Tyler, he applied his newly invented signature move…when I asked what it was he said it was the pulse…and it hurt!

I remember driving through Burger King (Late 1970’s) with my little brother, and always hearing him say “I am having what you’re having”

I remember my sister walking boldly through the door saying “Hello My familiar

I remember growing up in a loving affirming home, where laughter was common.

In his 1940 novel, Thomas Wolfe wrote:

"You can't go back home to your family, back home to your childhood ... back home to a young man's dreams of glory and of fame ... back home to places in the country, back home to the old forms and systems of things which once seemed everlasting but which are changing all the time — back home to the escapes of Time and Memory.”

Maybe he is right you can’t go home again…but you can move forward with warm and rich memories of where you have been…and if your memories are not rich or warm, make new ones!

Comments

  1. Marcus,

    I am forever grateful to God that you are a part of my memories!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Back to the Future!

Home!