Back to the Future!


     It only took a phone call and I was there! Time gave way, the calendar of my life went in reverse so swiftly so completely that I was surprised:)

My sojourn through time took me all the way back  to Colorado Springs, Colorado in the early 70’s!

 I was there, vividly there! No need to schedule a Doctor’s appointment for me, or adjust my medications (I don’t even take medications) and No I did not take anything this week.

It wasn’t because I had too many Grilled Pork Ribs at Monday night’s men’s group either….so if you have a conspiracy theory…shelve it!

What happened? I called my best friend from the 1970’s Dennis Rogan. We went to school together (Grade School, Junior High, and High School) played sports together and even went trick or treating in a blizzard that left over two feet of snow....and our pillow cases filled with candy!

Our friendship has been recently rekindled and Tuesday night we reminisced about where we had been, and what we had done.

He was the greatest athlete I have ever seen. As seniors in high school I watched often from the sidelines as he terrorized defenses as one of the finest running backs in Colorado high school history, rushing for over 1,500 hundred yards as a senior. He ran a 4.4 40 yard dash and could bench press over 400lbs.

He went on the sign with the Nebraska Cornhuskers, later transferring to Weber State where he was an all conference running back. He was the very last cut of the NFL Chicago Bears in 1984.

All those accomplishments, yet what we talked about most was the fun we had being kids, we both agreed that what really matters in life is relationships, who you know, how you love…and most importantly loving God the most.

I went back in time; yet…because of what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for me….my future will be more fulfilling and memorable than my past!

The Apostle Peter reminds us, of what we have to look forward to:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1: 3-8).

One day, as Christians, we will be back to the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Home!