Memorial Stone Ten: Our Third Arrow!


    It started in 1959, and lasted until 1972. Sunday nights Americans watched laughed cried and wondered if everything would turn out OK. It is now one of the most widely watched syndicated Television Shows in the world. Though the original cast have left the earth, they still have an impact. Of course I am talking about my favorite T.V. western of all time!

You may be thinking “Gun smoke” …nope, don’t get me wrong I liked it, and would even ask my parents if I could stay up on Monday nights to watch it, but not gun smoke. The Wild Wild West? Sorry, I loved that show to and use to wish I was as cool as James West, and could escape from life’s predicaments…within 1 hour! Artemis Gordon, and James West…smooth, and slick but not first place in my heart!

Give up? OK, my favorite western… “Bonanza”! Ben Cartwright raising those three sons on a thousand square miles, of the Ponderosa!

I have Bonanza memorabilia in my office, that includes a replica ten gallon Hoss hat! We even named our middle son after the lead character…Ben.

Ben Cartwright had three boys by three different women! Each wife, died…making the prospects of any woman seriously pondering going out with a Cartwright…remote!

Our boys all have the same Mama, and after 30 years of marriage, Laura, does not seem nervous:)

Those Cartwright boys, remind me of mine! And any woman, who lands one of these guys, is in for a lifetime of adventure!

Adam like our Brian, studious, driven, ambitious, Hoss, just like our Ben, kind, loving, friendly, truly a gentle giant! Tyler so much like “Little Joe” movie star handsome, wonderful sense of humor, very witty!

Tyler came into our lives on October 23, 1991. This October 23, he will be 21. Even his first photo, he appeared tanned, and had “Elvis like” bee stung lips! I call him, T, T-bone, Tye, Tyrone…Ty Ty Baby…and most often “Cheese”, or “Double Cheese”.

He is gifted musically, and our family often enjoys impromptu concerts, on piano, guitar, drums…and lead vocals that often originate from the shower! He can write, and expresses himself through songs. He surprised all of us when one Christmas short of funds…he decided to write how he felt about each of us on paper. That letter is one of my most cherished possessions, and is framed and in my office.

Our family has been enriched by the addition God added 20 years ago. We are watching him become a man, and it is a beautiful thing to see.

Thank you “Cheese” for being you!

Honored to be your Dad,

Love always…

You’re Fasa:)

Tyler and I share a love for the piano...especially blues.  This song reminds me of my boy:)

Comments

  1. so wonderful to read this mark,i wish i could have a chance to know them.and music is in our family daddy used to sing all the time,michelle played violin,you did piano and had a wondrful voice,nd patsy cline was our cousin. i cant carry a tune in a briefcase,but i can play guitar a little.this blog you wrote lifted my spirits so much,thanks.i love the fact that tyler inherited his writing abilities from you.i love you,sissy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Back to the Future!

Home!