September Thoughts


   For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. (2 Corinthians 5: 1). NLT

September is just day’s away, warm summer will give way to cooler days and leaves will fall.

It’s at this time of year my thoughts turn to my beautiful sister Michelle. It was in September of 2009 that she left this world at the age of 39 to depart to be with Christ which is better by far.  She succumbed to a rare brain disease that left us feeling the overwhelming sorrow of that sudden farewell.

Michelle was and is (She is more alive now than ever before) in a word…amazing! She was fun; she filled a room with her dynamic caring warm and infectious personality! 

She really cared about the people in her life, and oh how we miss her. I find myself thinking of her at different times in a given week.

I think about her when the children of the church I pastor hug me…because children loved her. 

I think about her often in the middle of shared laughter with friends, because no one could make you laugh quite like her.

I think about her when typing, and listening to music…because her life was full of harmony and sweeping vibrant crescendos, of shared experiences with family and friends.

I think about her when I lay down to sleep…because I am hoping the Lord would allow me to dream of our times together…and I secretly anxiously want Him to take me (Rapture) to be with Him…with her because this world is often harsh and people are cold and she was always kind and warm.

I am comforted that with each September observed, I am one year closer to being with her in the land of no more goodbyes…and those thoughts allow me to live one more day.

I look forward to not having to think about my sister through the limitations of memory, but to a time when we will again be together and laugh.

If this day finds you reaching back into the library of your mind to recollect those who have gone on ahead, may Gods comfort strengthen and remind you that believers never say goodbye for the final time!

I have been comforted many times from these words by Peter Marshall:

We believe as Christians that when our loved one’s die they go to be with the Lord and the Bible teaches that the Lord is with us…well if there with Him, and He is with us…they can’t be very far away :)

This song by Diamond Rio reminds me of my Shell....how I look forward to all the days we will have together!

Until...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?