What to do when you see a Bee!



Just recently I heard a little girl crying just outside my office window. I looked out, she was all of seven or eight wearing skates. I assumed she had fallen, and so I went out to see if she was OK. When I got to her she was on the ground crying hard, nearly inconsolable.

She had another little girl with her, which I had not seen. I asked the girl crying, if she was OK. 

Her little friend decided to be her interpreter. She said she was crying, because she “Had Seen a Bee” let that sink in for a second… not been stung by a bee, but “Had Seen a Bee”. I tried to comfort her, reminding her not to be afraid of Bee’s that you see!

How many times have you and I been afraid of something that could have hurt us, but didn’t? Someone once described fear as:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

There are legitimate fears, in this life. However, The Lord Jesus Christ in comforting weary and frightful disciples, on the very night that He was to be betrayed, reminded them and ultimately us:

Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. (John 14:1-3) NLT

By trusting in God and His Son, hearts are calmed, a home is promised, and His return is assured. We will be with Him!

That’s something to hold on to, next time you “See a Bee."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Home!

Back to the Future!