Fanatic?




Fanatic- noun a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

I sometimes wonder what casual Face Book friends must think of a Christian’s zeal, and seemingly constant posts, that include scriptures and reminders of what Jesus means to them.

Are we wild eyed Fanatics, overcome with Religion, fixated on things not always seen? Are we so heavenly minded we are no earthly good?
I am not sure of what some may think, but I know what I think when I see Christian posts. They get it!

Somewhere, someplace they and (I) were confronted with sin, and its consequences. In the midst of that feeling of hopelessness, the Lord Jesus Christ extended a nail scared hand, offered redemption, and a brand new life!

In that initial encounter with Him, sin was forgiven, purpose and meaning were provided, and to be judgement day honest, I want everyone to know Him, because I simply cannot imagine navigating through this life without His strong hand, guiding me!

Disclosure, I love the Denver Broncos, Travel, Mexican food, playing the piano, V-8 juice and grits! And I will from time to time post about those things for sure!

Yet I will often return to the theme and music of my life... The Lord Jesus Christ, Compassionate friend, Tender Savior, my Sovereign Lord and Master! Why?

I love Him, and I want you to love Him!

If that makes me a Fanatic, I am guilty a million times over! Place me in the cell of a fanatic, throw away the key and lock me up....wait you can't because in Jesus I am eternally free!

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36).

Are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?