Somewhere in the World




Pastors are called upon for many different and varying opportunities to minister. If there is one thing I enjoy more than most any ministry obligation, it is the dedication of babies to the Lord!

To look into the shineing faces of husbands and wives who then entrust to a pastor their little bundle of joy, while words of dedication and prayers are offered to the Lord, is a joy!

I have often wondered, and at times been privileged to observe that little life grow into childhood, and into their teen years as time passes by.

As a father of three sons, my wife and I dedicated each to the service of the Lord Jesus Christ. They have now moved into adulthood, and the desire that they walk with Jesus, continues to burn brightly in their parents hearts!

When dedicating babies or children to the Lord I have often sung a Wayne Watson, song that for me sums up my hearts desire for my own children and the little ones, I am privileged to pray for as they begin their life's journey.

May the songwriters words be true for all who love and ardently desire to see their children not only follow the Lord, but fall in love (Should God grant them the opportunity to marry) with a spouse to be, that loves Him as well!

Somewhere in the World
By Wayne Watson


Somewhere in the world today
A little boy will go out play
All dressed up in daddies clothes
At least the way that I suppose it goes
Somewhere in the world tonight
Before he reaches to turn out the light
He'll be praying' from a tender heart
A simple prayer that's a work of art

CHORUS And I don't even know his name
But I'm praying' for him just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon his heart
Cause somewhere in the course of this life
That little boy will need a godly wife
So hold on to Jesus, baby, wherever you are

Somewhere in the world out there
That little boys learning' how to care
He's picking' up his mamas charms
Or maybe, swigging' around in his daddy's arms
Somewhere in the world to be
Through the future's not real clear to me
Theirs could be a tender love
Grounded in eternal love above

Comments

  1. Still remember the day you sang this as we dedicated our chidren...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Home!

Back to the Future!