Do you pray for others when asked?
































Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
(James 5:16).

Will you pray for me?

In my life I have had so many people ask me to do just that. As a minister that is to be expected.

Do the folks that ask, think I have an in with God that they don’t have? Are the prayers of ordained clergy more effective?

I think the vast majority of people who have asked me to pray for them do so, because they truly just want someone, to care enough to walk with them in a difficult time, to join their thorny journey by sharing a burden, and audibly seeking the ear of the only one who can relieve stress, change a life situation and open a new door.

Just today I have had two different people ask me to pray for concerns that are weighing them down. I paused during the writing of this blog entry to pray for them.

When people ask you to pray for them, do you? I try to pray immediately when someone asks me to pray for them. Why, because it is important to them, and it should be to us.

When the people who fill our lives, with their presence, ask us to pray for them it is a high honor! How can we fail to respond to a request that we will also voice, at some critical juncture in our own life?
Prayer is not a work that can be allocated to one or another group in the church. It is everybody’s responsibility; it is everybody’s privilege. Prayer is the respiratory function of the church; without it we suffocate and die at last, like a living body deprived of the breath of life. A. W. Tozer

I need prayer for my housing situation in Denver, so that my bride of nearly 29 years can “At last” come to the great state of Wyoming…and become a vital part of this loving Church, and my life once again.

My son Ben needs a job…

Will you pray for him, for me?

Comments

  1. Pastor,
    I have asked you to pray for me serveral time and I am probably one of those who feel like you have "a direct connection" to God himself! lol
    I have been praying for you lately and I assumed it should be for Michelle. I pray for you often because you are so important to me and my family. I truly believe that if it weren't for YOU, my Husband (of almost 8 years!) would NOT know Christ. What an amazing man you are, without perhaps even knowing! :) You are such a blessing to our family and definately to our church!

    Have an awesome fathers day!
    Jackie J.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?