Four Days!


















It was expensive. I knew it would be. Travel always is. Even “Got to get away” airline packages add up. Then there is the hassle of traffic, where did these people all come from? Don’t they have to work somewhere? They probably are thinking the same thing about me!

When you take last minute trips, the expenses pile up like line-backers on a slow running back!

When you factor in the cost of airport parking, gas, snacks (An essential part of the American traveling experience) restaurants, movie tickets and shopping sprees, you,… well, you face certain financial modifications…definite check book shock, serious... fiscal accountability….bottom line… you just might be eating variations of spam!

For me it was all worth it!

Just where did I go you wonder?

I, spent four wonderful days with a woman! That’s right a woman…that has been my wife since August of 1981!

She flew via United Airlines, to Salt Lake City, Utah. We drove back to Wyoming (170 miles away) where we worshiped at the wonderful Church, I am privileged to Pastor. Sunday afternoon we went back to Salt Lake for the rest of the week-end.

In those brief days we:


1. Stayed at two different hotels

2. Saw two movies ( Shreck in 3 d was awesome)

3. Ate some tasty pizza, dined at a Brazilian restaurant ( My favorite) had cheese burgers at the in & out burger place, tracked down a family owned chocolate company (Chocolate + pretzels a marriage made in heaven)

4. Shopped at Shop KO.

5. Ate bluebell ice-cream with a Chocolate Coca Cola cake at Cracker Barrel…say that three times I dare ya!

We then rocked our lives away on the oak rockers they provide in front of the store!


I then drove my bride to the airport, a kiss goodbye, and I was left with the memory of her presence...

Four days, that left our checking account depleted, but our hearts full…


Hey? Can you grill spam??

Comments

  1. :) That makes me smile! You are so awesome and we are so blessed for the sacrifice that you guys are making! God will bless you for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?