Reading through the Bible in 2012!


  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105).

  I have made it a goal to read through the Bible this year. So far I have not missed any days, but did have to read several days in one setting, to catch up!   I am using the “One year Bible” where there are daily readings for each day of the year.  I would highly recommend it. 

What I am learning and being reminded of is God’s Word is a “Love Letter” its God reaching down to His creation to offer purpose and direction. I am being reminded that God always has a plan!  

The Bible reads like a thrilling novel, and even though we know the outcome, of how things turn out, there is freshness and warmth that reminds us that God was not only faithful and gracious centuries ago…we discover, He is just the same today! 

What I have seen so far:
 I see His power in speaking the World into existence! 
 I see His tenderness in caring for the first couple.
I see his guiding an aged Abraham from his homeland to a new land, and fulfilling a promise to give Him and Sarah a son.
I have read of his plan for Joseph to take him from a pit to an Egyptian palace, and a renewed relationship, with a dysfunctional family (His Brothers) that had sold him into slavery.
I have read and been reminded of the importance of wisdom, in Proverbs, and the Psalmist day by day reliance on God for deliverance from very real enemies.
All of that, and so much more…. in just the last 24 days! 


There are 341 days to the end of the year, and the end of my reading the Bible through this year! 

In actuality you never come to the end of reading God’s Word, it is always new, always captivating…always!


Why not order a “One year Bible” for yourself…and join me on the adventure! 

If you do, I promise you, you will not be the same person you are now! God's Word affects us, alters us, deepens us!



Enjoy this song, that underscores the importance of Gods Word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Home!

Back to the Future!