Home!












Michelle Robin Hensley
November 11th 1969 - September 15th 2009


"We believe as Christians, that when our loved ones die, they go to be with the Lord. The Bible teaches that the Lord is with us. Well if they are with Him, and He is with us...they cannot be very far away" Peter Marshall

My Dear Friend's,

September 15 at 10:35 pm, my wonderful and Godly 39 year old sister Michelle, stepped into the presence of our Glorious Lord and King. Thank you for your wonderful support and kindness and understanding, our family has felt your care and warmth.

I will forever be thankful that I came "Home" to be with her and my mom arriving Tuesday morning. Shell was unresponsive and in a coma all day. She was blessed to be comforted by Mom, my brother Mike, his wife Chrissie, and their two sons Caleb, and Josh.

Barbara, my mother in law was there throughout the day, and part of the eveing. Several of Shell's friends came as well. Hospice was great (every step of the way) and we had a encouraging time with the kind chaplain, John. My wife Laura joined us after midnight, arriving from Denver.

As night came on, we observed rapid breathing and she seem to have a fever. From time to time I sang to her as the day progressed. One song I sang to her (A Couple of times) that I had taught her (early on in her illness) was the Don Moen song:

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life


Around 10:30 pm I was heading into a back bedroom to check e-mail. Just before, I stopped to read to her Psalm 91 and the passage below from 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18. Moments later while my mom was removing the dead flowers that had started to accumulate (Ironic)from the generous gifts of so many...she noticed Shell did not appear to be breathing, she called me in and as I held my mom I told her "She is in the presence of the Lord".

We felt and our feeling now, the Lord's comfort... as we say our earthly farewells.

We are tentatively planning her celebration service for Saturday September 26, here in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The later date will allow time for planning, and coordinating schedules and putting together the very best service possible.

Resting in your prayers,

Pastor Mark

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4: 16-18).

Comments

  1. Glorious for her!Sad for us:( Till we meet her again:)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family have been an inspiration to us all. We look forward to the opportunity to meet Michelle in the near future when considered in eternities time. All our love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Mark,
    Hello this is Kari ,Kelly Browns sister.Iam so sorry for you and your families loss! I have been praying for you all since Kelly told me the news months ago and can not imagine what you all have gone through, but also know your faith in God is getting you all through it! God bless you all and if there is anything I can do please let me know. Kari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark,
    So sorry to hear of Michelle's passing. Please know Vickie and I are keeping you ALL in our thoughts and prayers. I miss you very much.
    Your Bro.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?