In Honor of Two Awesome Moms!

Our beautiful Mom with Mike, Michelle, and me on Mike's wedding day.

I have been so blessed with the people who I am thinking about at this very moment:)

Strong, yet tender, loving and firm when needed, they are compassionate and understanding. It’s a fact that the early years of life, find a child vulnerable and impressionable. God was so kind to place my life in the
arms of my mom.  

Truly many of the best years of my life, were spent in the arms of another man’s wife!

Now before you think you have a scandal to report…think about it, I am talking about my Mom!

She is my friend, and a great counselor. Tomorrow (May 11th)  is her birthday, and truly anyone who has ever really gotten to know her are thankful that she was born! I celebrate her every day! 

Barbara
My mother in law Barbara is an amazing woman in her own right. She is warm and kind. She loves the Lord, and she is a decided woman of prayer. She has been a pivotal adviser to me countless times! 

When I decided to pursue a Doctorate she was always cheering me on, and told me often that the Lord would use me for His honor and many doors would open. She was right!

She tenderly ministered to my beautiful sister Michelle as she was leaving this world so rapidly in the summer of 2009 as a result of an incurable brain disease. Every day…she would come to help…every day! Barbara is in her 80’s but you would never know it, she is energetic, and always wanting to help someone else. 

Barbara also gave me Laura, who is the love of my life!

I salute these Godly women, and with deep gratitude I want them to know…and who ever reads this to know that I shudder to think where I would be, had they not come my way!

They live this passage:

   She opens her mouth with wisdom,
    and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
27 She looks well to the ways of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women have done excellently,
    but you surpass them all.”
30  Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
    and let her works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:26-31).

This song reminds me of these two Godly women, they have taught me to be still and to know God!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?