On Your Way!


      I love spring. Birds tweeting, bee's buzzing, flowers blooming, and young and not so young men and women are receiving diplomas!

Academic rigors give way to academic accomplishment!

And life beckons, inviting them to step out into the unknown, and move toward adult years!

Relatives of graduates sit row upon row in auditoriums and stadium bleachers to hear their loved one's name called, those few seconds of verbal recognition belong to the graduate, but for those who love them, they are also a part of that small segment of time that separates the student from the graduate...and we applaud!

Much like a baby bird who faces the uncertainty of flight, our young men and women will test their wings. In the flying and near flying (Think hard landings, and life hurts) they will stabilize and soar.

Looking back from the vantage point of my own life experience I would, if I could remind them:

1.Continuing education is important, keep reaching, believing there is no limit but the sky!

2.In all of your pursuits and goals realize that the critical essential foundational truth of life is that you:

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself. (Luke 10:27). ESV

I would also tell them to love and laugh and live each moment as if it were the last, because one day it will be!

I would tell them to smile a lot, and if someone doesn’t have a smile give them yours! I would say choose carefully the people you let get close to you. Truly bad company corrupts good character!

I would tell them to tell the truth, to value integrity, to pay their bills on time, to ask God to give them a spouse that will love the Lord more than they love them because when they do, they will experience more love than they could possibly imagine!

I would tell them if you have kids be:
1.Firm
2.Fair
3.Fun!

I would tell them to value family, to tell people that you love them now, while they and you are here. Give people roses while they are alive!

I would tell them…so many other things that they would quickly forget even as I did when I graduated…but through the years God has lovingly reminded me of all this…and so much more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?