The Denver Broncos, Andre Crouch, and what really matters!


It is interesting to me that a football game, or another game of some sort, can leave many of us briefly out of sorts, if the result is anything other than what we hope for.

Insert Denver Bronco playoff loss here!

Someone said in our modern football games you have 22 men in desperate need of rest, and 75,000 fans in desperate need of exercise!

As I am typing this the beautiful song by Andre Crouch (Who just went to be with the Lord, on January 8) “My Tribute” is playing. Hearing it just now has provided needed perspective on this Monday afternoon!
That was the first song I ever sung on radio, in the fall of 1979, in Alamosa, Colorado. His heartfelt words of Praise remind us what really matters. 

In the 35 years since that fledgling vocal attempt, I have seen countless blessings in my life given to me, by the tender hands of my Sovereign Lord! 

The love of a godly woman, three sons, and the grand and humbling privilege to bring God's Word to His people week by week! 

When it comes to sports, they entertain, they are sure to disappoint and sometimes even thrill us, yet I am reminded of what matters most today, the steadfast love of the Lord endures, always, forever!

 In a world that lavishes far too much praise on athletes who “Truth be told” often do not give fans a second thought, I am comforted on this Monday after a disappointing Sunday, by the one who cheers me on!

To Him, truly be the glory!

Here are the words to Andre’s song, followed by his singing it, I challenge you to take the time to listen to this song, and reflect on God's goodness and the unfolding plans He has for you in 2015 and beyond! 


My Tribute:

How can I say thanks for the things
You have done for me?
Things so undeserved yet you gave
To prove your love for me
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am, and ever hope to be
I owe it all to thee

To God be the glory, to God be the glory
To God be the glory for the things he has done
With his blood he has saved me
With his power he has raised me
To God be the glory for the things he has done


Just let me live my life and
Let it be pleasing Lord to thee
And if I gain any praise, let it go to Calvary
With his blood he has saved me
With his power he has raised me

To God be the glory for the things he has done! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?