For Laura!













The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD. (Proverbs 18:22).


To be loved, to find love is what many, if not most hearts yearn for. That for some...it does not happen, or is yet to happen, does nothing to diminish the desire to find in the eyes...and heart of someone else...love!

Growing up, I often thought about my life, what I would be, what I would do...who I would love...what my family would be like. In God's plan for that part of my life there was, there is...my wife of 28 years...Laura.

She is a remarkable woman, and those who know her...know that in her I found a real treasure.

God has for a " season" allowed us to be apart...me in Southwest Wyoming, her in Metro Denver, awaiting our sons graduation that at last will bring our reunion.

Her absence has served to refine my love for her....and according to her, her love for me.

I simply don't know if I would be functioning now after my sisters home going (To heaven, in September 2009) if it wasn't for Laura's, love and comfort. She first brought comfort to me and to my sister (and our Family) after my dads death in 1980...she was there to tell Shell that it was OK to cry...and her shoulder was available.

She has done the same for me!

Earlier this Summer I tried in words to say what she means to me...


Just sitting here in my Wyoming study, on an overcast Friday morning, and I am thinking of you. When I do, my mind is flooded with warm and comforting memories. Memories over more than a quarter of a century of a sweet and gracious woman, memories of a kind heart, that has always been so unselfish, a woman who has always put others before herself.


I love the way you carry yourself, such class, such sweetness. Thank you for being such a strong and affirming friend. Whenever I am near you, I feel so welcomed, so needed….so valued! I have been blessed a thousand times over…for the honor the privilege….the joy of knowing you! Never forget how much I love you, how much I need you!

I will love you forever….then when we reach the end of forever….I will love you forever more!

The following song reminds me of my bride:

I've watched the sunrise in your eyes
And I've seen the tears fall like the rain
You've seen me fight so brave and strong
You've held my hand when I'm afraid

We've watched the seasons come and go
We'll see them come and go again
But in winter's chill, or summer's breeze
One thing will not be changin'
We will dance
When the sun is shining
In the pouring rain
We'll spin and we'll sway
And we will dance
When the gentle breeze
Becomes a hurricane
The music will play

And I'll take your hand, and hold you close to me…and we will dance…

If just now you have someone that you love near....tell them, hold them.....and dance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?