Please Celebrate Me Home!


















When you hear the word home, what comes to mind? For me It's more than mortar, more than bricks...more that a certain place that is so many degrees longitude...and latitude.

Home when I really think about it has little to do with geography. Now I love Colorado, and Wyoming, and (split time between the two). I hope to never take towering majestic peaks for granted...but home is well... more than that!

Home someone wrote is the place that "When you show up, they have to take you in"!

Home for the last 28 years has been anywhere Laura my wife was located. Then God sent into our lives three sons, and they became home to!

Prior to Laura capturing my heart, I was blessed to grow up in a home where love, and laughter and kindness was common. Oh we had our times...but they were always tempered, with the joy of belonging, of being welcomed, of feeling needed... of being home!

Surrounded by warm and caring parents and a younger brother (Mike) and sister,(Michelle, who was celebrated Home to heaven in September of 2009) I experienced what a home really is... family loving, family celebrating, family well, being family!

For all that I have been so blessed!

That family foundation was to be reinforced when I learned that God desired my inclusion into His forever family through the death and Resurrection of His son....and my personal response to His family invitation...by asking Him to cleanse me of my sins and take over my life!

When The Lord Jesus Christ came to dwell in my open heart, I felt more love, more acceptance that ever....and remember, I had known love and acceptance before.

I have learned, that you simply haven't truly experienced the wide and deep dimensions of love...until you have felt God's love!

That's why when I think of home...it's more than longitude and latitude, or geography... it includes my family...most certainly, who because of the grace and kindness of our Redeeming Savior and their individual response, are apart of His forever family.

And because of Him...there will come a day...when He will celebrate my family home! (Think beyond Wyoming...well past Colorado!)

My prayer is that you to, have come to know what home really means.

This Kenny Loggins Classic song...reminds me not only of my earthly temporary home...but heaven my real home...I pray that you will be there:)

Comments

  1. Great blog, I love the quote that home is the place where when you show up they have to take you in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?