People Need the Lord!









As I remember it, it was a typical Saturday in rural Naples, North Carolina. How wrong I was! As a teenager living with my family in our modest home, I remember a knock on the door that Saturday.

The ones doing the knocking (A Pastor and his son) were from the Calvary Baptist Church, in Hendersonville North Carolina. They had a bus ministry and on that Saturday they "just happened" (what some people call coincidence, we know is the will of God) to knock on our door.

Because of their mission heart, and invitation, my brother and sister and I began riding the church bus week by week to the church, where we heard the Word of God preached!

I must confess I was more motivated by the candy they would give you if you attended!

Little did I know that their kindness would set in motion my personal encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ, and sow seeds of truth in my brother and sister's life that would one day have eternal results...mainly their own conversion to the "Way, the Truth and the Life!" The Lord Jesus Christ!

Speed ahead 17 or so years, I was back in Western North Carolina, as a speaker at a World Missions Conference. By this time I had completed college went on the earn a Masters degree and was Pastoring a church in Eastern Colorado.

I went up to the parsonage where the Pastor of Calvary Baptist, Buddy Mullinax was still pastor (He actually pastored Calvary on three separate occasions) when he answered the door...I said to him, "Sir I have come along way to thank you!"

He asked me in and I told him about that certain Saturday when he and his son Donny had stopped by our home....with an invitation to attend church...that now looking back was engraved from ...heaven!

Upon returning to Colorado I received a letter from Pastor Mullinax that started:

Dear Mark, Thank you for making my day, my week, my month, my year! In actuality, it was the tender evangelistic heart of Pastor Buddy and Donny that I am grateful for both now and forever!

I later was asked to be the key note speaker at Pastor Mullinax's 40th anniversary celebration! While there, the bus driver, who drove us to Church week by week introduced himself, and with tears in his eyes said "I often wondered if it was worth it, picking up kids...week after week, (I was thinking yeah, kids more interested in candy than the Lord) he said but today....God showed me it was!!

Wow, how thankful I am for those dear people who sacrificed their time, to be used of God to change my life, my family's life! To point me to the One who has changed my life in so many profound ways!

Incidentaly, the events of that Saturday were published in "Mission Magazine" all over the country a few years ago!

My brother now pastors one of the leading Churches in Colorado, our sister has graduated to heaven, and our family looks back with gratitde to Calvary Baptist for providing the intial opportunity for her to learn about the love of Jesus
, that makes her Homegoing now easier to accept.

We will see her again!

This New Year, think about someone you can reach out to, with the love of Jesus, if we all just reached one, think of the possibilities!

May God use this song, to remind you of that someone who first brought news of life to you....and challenge all of us to share Jesus. Why...because "People Need the Lord"

Comments

  1. Respected and lovingly brother and sisters in Christ, Greets to you in Jesus name . I send my sincere salutations and gratitude to you through the king of king Jesus. I hope and pray that this letter will find you and yours good physical and growing ever stronger spiritually as you study the god s world . Since this is my first opportunity to get acquaintance with the children of our lord.

    I talking liberty introduce myself my name is M. Pandu and 32 years old married with merry yet no children . I was born in Hindu family in india but I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and i dedicated my life to serve untill my death, north i am working an evangelist and full time Gospel preacher. I dedicated my life to serve for Christ through out of my life at un reached areas.>


    100 members pastors and I dedicated our lives to serve for Christ until our deaths because most of people should not know about the “Gospel of Jesus Christ”.>

    We are working at Agra and Utter Pradesh state, and haryana and delhi north India and , pastors need some financial support for their families and need bicycles and sound system and drums.
    >
    Agra is in the state of Utter Pradesh, this is the largest populated state of India sending highest number of the representatives of the people to the “legislative” house [parliament] of the country. Most of the prime minister are elected from this state; here the famous Taj Mahal attracts millions of tourists every year from all over the World. This state has 13 million population, 630 cities and 8100 villages. It is the birthplace of the most of the gods of India. This state has many sacred rivers and temples, kasi Varanasi is considered as the second heaven people come and stay here in die……….. in many ways this has become a great center of this country and this state has the greatest number of the lowest class people and all are people are worshiping idols, all are pagans and gentles because we are doing service for Christ, please pray for us and god’s work here.

    >
    This is the persecuted area, people are ready to kill us sometimes 2nd jan 2007, we went a village, to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ but beated us and captured all of our things like bible, books and tracks.

    >
    We are happy to hear that you are so kind to encourage to the lord’s work in north India through your kind love with sacrifice.

    >
    Heare at agra number of orphan children are begging in public placess thatswhy we plan to start an orphenage home for orphan children and slum children please pray for that request .we would like to work with you and your ministry.

    >
    WE PLAN TO START BIBLE COLLEGE HERE AT AGRA TO TRAIN UP THE DISCIPLES AND SEND OT THEM TO UNREACHED AREAS ONLY IN NORTH INDIA BECAUSE OF NORTH INDIA IS UNREACHED AREA PLEASE PRAY FOR THAT BBLE COLLEGE.

    WE PLAN TO START PASTORAL MINISTRY AND CHURCH PLANTIN IN NORTH INDIA LIKEAGRA,NEWDELHI,BIHAR,ORISSA AND MANIPUR LIKE THESE UNREACHED AREAS AND OUT REACH MINISTRY and pastors confereness and revival crusades.

    >
    So, kindly we are requesting to you and all of our friends in Christ, please pray for us and pray for God’s work here.

    >
    Always we need your prayer support to us to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

    >
    Heartily welcome to you please visit us and share the word of god with north India people.


    please send volunteers to work with us in india among orphan children and slum areas and evangelisam.



    we would like to partnership with you




    >
    Thanking you sir

    >
    Your’s




    >
    Brother in Christ
    Pandu maddala






    AGRA BAPTIST CHURCH


    AGRA


    INDIA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?