Stranded!


Imagine being stranded!

If you were stranded, if you could select your destination, where would you choose? How about the Keebler Elf Cookie factory? I wouldn’t mind….and if I had a gallon of milk in hand, I would be set!

Hershey, Pennsylvania would be great!

 I wouldn’t cry if I was locked in overnight at Mardels Christian bookstore….provided I had a flashlight!

What if stranded did not include cookies or books…what if stranded meant a remote location…like....no I am not thinking of Wyoming…how about a deserted island?

No movies stars or professors…just you and one study Bible! Okay, Okay three study Bibles…and plenty of water and food, and shelter. Rescue would be a year away.

Which three study Bibles would you want?

I would want, in order:

1. The MacArthur Study Bible


2. The Nelson Study Bible


3. The ESV Study Bible.

Why? MacArthur? He is serious about God’s Word, he is a Scholar in the first order; the study notes are outstanding, and his theology (Understanding Doctrine, the teachings of the Bible) is superb.

Why? The Nelson Study Bible? In a similar way it is very detailed, helpful and provides many insights about various Biblical truths in concise and thorough articles.

Why the ESV Study Bible? Great study notes, color charts all through the books of the Bible….and it weighs five pounds!

 I could curl it…and slowly melt away all those Keebler Cookies!

A year after my desert island adventure…I would know so much more about God’s Word…if I had these three Bibles with me, provided I read them!

Don’t wait to be stranded to own and use the three finest Study Bibles in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?