How are things at home?

      
       A year ago today, hearts were breaking, tears were flowing and pain left us nearly breathless.  A year ago we said a teary temporary (Thank God) farewell (Christians, never say goodbye, for the final time) to Michelle Robin Hensley, my sister, my dear friend. 

The 12 months that we have walked and sometimes stumbled through, have been difficult.  The Lord has, as He promised, bore our burdens, comforted  hearts....and dried tears.

 Oh they still come, often, I think they always will.  There is so much we miss, about you, so much we want to share with youI know that in some way you know what we are doing....maybe in more detail than we can imagine.

I still have a lump in my throat from time to time....and missing you is a pale way to describe the ache....but I know you are with the Lord....and I am comforted.

There are no words to describe how much we miss you. Your laughter, your wit...your timing always spot on! I picture you now in the HR department in heaven assigned to new arrivals!

I can just imagine you saying Welcome to heaven, I am Shell!... and I will be with you....well, you know forever;) after this over-view we will join the King and His Son....for the welcome brunch....followed by a stroll down the Golden streets....that lead to the real "Star bucks" and remember everything is as always.... on the house:)

Until faith becomes sight....we will continue on, step by step, life will go on ...and we will keep looking up, until... at last we are together again:)

Love for now,

In Jesus, Love for always!

Your oldest brother,

Mark

Janet Paschal's song " How are things at home" asks the questions that I wonder about.

Comments

  1. Hey Brother,

    Thanks for those beautiful words! I didn't really know Michelle, but I KNOW since she came from the same AMAZING family...she must have been an INCREDIBLE woman of faith, daughter, sister, friend. I still admire your unwavering faith, don't ever give up. Man, really missing you right now, it's been WAY too long. Seriously, praying right now God will cause our paths to cross very soon. Love you, Mark.

    See you soon,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, what a beautiful tribute to your sister and your faith. "We'll be home, in just a little while!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear, dear, dear Pastor,
    My heart is breaking for you today. I will certainly say a prayer-right now- for you, and your peace and your comfort today as you grieve even more than this day one year ago. Pastor, you are an incredible person yourself and such a pilar of faith! We just love you pastor, and pray for your heart to be warmed with her presence today, tomorrow and always, till the day YOU go home.
    Jackie Jensen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.