Love, the flag that should fly over every Christians Castle!


     Love, four letters assembled in just the right way…to give us hope!   

When you think of love, what comes to mind? 

Sometimes we think of early crushes as “Puppy Love” and young hearts are stung by our labeling them. After all, it’s real to the puppy!

The first girl I loved after my Mom…was a stunning blonde (Not Laura) named Fern! I met Fern in the second grade as I remember. She has several teeth missing….but those she had were as white as a snow capped Colorado mountain:) 

I decided to let Fern know how much she meant to me….at recess, so I kissed her right on the …..Hand, she then let me see the back of it….up close and personal! It was over! I was crushed…and I understood that love especially unrequited love, hurts!

Our first fledgling attempts at love, understanding it, and attempting to capture what it means, are often clumsy…and were left wondering just what it this emotion…and (We wonder) will I ever know what it means... really? 


Love should be the flag that fly’s over the Christians (Home) castle! Love, which has found its home in the great heart of God that knows no limits!


Last night I decided to read the book of first John. John was an Apostle.  Apostles were men who: were called to represent (Think Ambassadors) God, by Jesus himself and who had been eyewitnesses to His resurrection life! 


Someone once said: Paul was the Apostle of Faith, Peter the Apostle of Hope and John the Apostle of love!


The first epistle (Letter) of John is generally divided up into three parts: 

             God is light (1:1 - 2:27
             God is love (2:28 - 4:21)
             God is life (5:1-21) 


I learned this week that (Love, loveth, beloved), from the word agape, is mentioned 51 times in the Epistle of First John.


Fifty one times!  


One of my favorite passages from this incredible book is found in chapter 4…

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 8 But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. (1 John 4:7-8). 


I pray that you will experience love…for you their just might be a Fern or a Fernando out there, who when you kiss their hand, won’t slap you!


If it doesn’t happen or hasn’t just yet…I have found that there is no love that compares to God’s….and its always available…always, all the time…even at recess!


Love should be the flag that fly’s over the Christians castle! 

Is that true of your castle, your life?

The following song, sung and played by a "Four Year old" named Zoei, is what it's all about...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?