Where’s my Daddy?

    
   
      For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father! (Romans 8:15).

   
    Braving the mall at Christmas is a necessary task if you’re to find just the right gift for a certain someone.  Close parking spots are at a premium. Long lines and lingering customers await your arrival.  Have you noticed how people tend to linger in the place that you want to linger? 


A fundamental axiom of physics is that no two masses can occupy the same space at the same time!

Meaning that the certain gizmo you’re thinking about buying for your Uncle Sylvester can’t be observed, if someone won’t move out of your way! 

The Mall at Christmas time is…an obstacle course, only to be braved, by courageous souls, who are compelled by love, to endure… to purchase!

Just today (Tuesday) I ventured into the Rock Springs mall. I was on a mission, to find several things that would make my wife of 30+ year’s smile. I believe I succeeded, but won’t know until Sunday:)

On my way to pay, a beautiful little girl all of about 4 was walking in front of me, with her mom…..she started singing…"Where’s my Daddy”, "Where’s my Daddy"? 

She looked back at me and in that same sing song voice (Without missing a beat) sang “That’s’ not my Daddy"…"That’s not my Daddy"! 

He soon appeared, and she sang out “There’s my Daddy", "There’s my Daddy"!


I commented on how cute her song was.


While waiting to buy Laura’s incredible stupendous, wonderful gifts…I thought that little angel knew her Daddy, and she knew I wasn’t him!

I also wondered can others recognize our Daddy, our Heavenly Father…because we not only recognize Him (And live our lives accordingly) …but because He lives through us?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?