Cuties and a kid named Brodie!

For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. (Psalm 84:11). 

    He often bursts into  my office with a typical Hello Pastor! Brodie is a high energy kid, who lights up a room simply by walking in….walking is a bit to sedate a word,  Brodie, doesn’t walk...he rumbles!

He is a Wyoming spit-fire, full of life! He is all of Seven years old and I just love being around him. He often shows me his latest matchbook car or transformer...or boots!

I watched him once in a Worship service as a drama unfolded. A girl sitting near him (Girls don’t sit next to him, other than His Mom) dropped her Barbie Doll….on the floor in front of him. 

Brodie is a gentleman; Brodie is the kind of kid who should always wear a white hat….you know the kind, they grow up to be the kind of people you look to when you need help.

He was torn….do I break “Boy Protocol” to help this damsel? Should I …..touch a Barbie?  As this is taking place, I am standing, Brodie is crawling (On the floor), and contemplating, crawling out and retrieving that Barbie Doll! What to do, what to do?

In the end the doll stayed where it fell, rescuing damsels in distress will have to wait…because in the Pastors office there are….cuties!

 * Cuties are actually two varieties of mandarins: Clementine mandarins, available November -January; and Murcott mandarins, available February-April. Cuties have several distinct characteristics that make them the perfect anytime, anywhere snack. Unlike other mandarins or oranges, they are seedless, super sweet, easy to peel and kid sized-- only a select few that make it to Cuties high standards. *Cutiescitrus.com 

 My friend Brodie loves cuties! Just recently he was sick with a high temperature. His dad and a great friend to me, asked that I pray for Brodie. I had him put his son on the phone, I  prayed with him on the phone, he said “Thank you Pastor” and I told him if your better tomorrow (This was on a Saturday night) you can come into my office and have some“Cuties” he replied…..what if I am not better? I told him  either way, when you are, they will be waiting for you!

I thought about that statement after I hung up, Brodie was wise enough to make sure either way he would not miss out on what I had promised him.

Brodie reminded me that God takes care of us the same way! When we feel strong and healthy He is there…and when we don’t feel so well… He is there!  Either way the promises of God are true.  Thank you Brodie, for reminding me of that!

For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. (Psalm 84:11).

I heard Brodie is feeling better….better go buy some more cuties:) 

This song by Christian  pianist Dino,  is called  "Jesus never Forgets" and it reminds me that we are always in the Lords  thoughts, and He always has something wonderful waiting for us....always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

Home!

Back to the Future!