Hugs from Heaven!


    That’s how someone described notes that we receive that lift our hearts, that place smiles on our faces. I like notes! I value notes. I keep notes! Notes are all around me right now as I type this…OK I will count all the notes, that I have received that I can see in my office ready...30!


Thirty notes that sit on oak bookshelves as reminders to me, that on a day, someone was kind enough to write me. Thirty hugs! 


I read once that a person needs five hugs a day to be emotionally healthy!  How many notes do you think we need?  I doubt any research has been done on that….but I know this a hand written note may seem old fashioned, but not to the one reading them! 

As a Pastor from time to time (And I need to make more time for it) I write our members to let them know how much they mean to me.


I am a firm believer that we should give people “Roses while they are alive” Words from kind hearts….have a potency about them, they can remind of hope, of possibilities of potential….and of the Lords awareness of where we are.


 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver
(Proverbs 25:11). Esv

Just this week, I received an electronic hug, a Face Book note from a young woman who I was privileged to Pastor some years ago. Because of modern technology and online sermons she found me! 


No, she was not prescribed listening to my sermons because she suffers with insomnia….not at all:) 


This is what she wrote…

Pastor, 

 I just wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for putting your sermons on the internet. I have been going through a rough couple of months after finding out that my birth mom has cancer and then my mom’s mom is no longer allowed or able to be on her own. Then I remembered your website and your sermons have been extremely uplifting and I wanted to thank you for that. I am not always able to make it to a church around here but knowing that I can always go back and listen to your sermons have helped me through this hard time.


Wow! Hug needed, Hug received…she through her kindness made a deposit in my emotional bank account!


Why did she write? Because she was obedient to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and because she was, I am smiling as I am typing! 


Thank you Danielle!


Who will you write to this week? 


A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver
(Proverbs 25:11). Esv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?