Do you ever wonder if God has forgotten you?







A few years ago (2006) many followed the story of Jeff Ingram, an amnesia sufferer who had been searching for his identity for more than a month! He went home to Washington state with his fiancee, but according to his mother he did not remember his past life or what happened.

Jeffrey Ingram, 40, was diagnosed in Denver ( He does not remember how or why he arrived in Denver) with dissociative fugue, a type of amnesia. He's flipped through photographs, listened to the stories, read through all the letters. But more than a month after he left his home in Washington and woke up in Denver with no memory, Jeff Ingram still had no idea who he is.

"Family vacations, high school graduation, prom night ... your first dance, your first kiss. That's all lost,"Ingram said.

"It's very hard to put into words,"he said."It's probably the most frustrating thing that a person can ever go through, is to lose their identity. Because your past is what makes you who you are today _ good or bad."


I could not find an update (2009) on Jeff or his condition.

It's hard to believe isn't it, that one day you know who you are, where you live, what you do...then because of traumatic stress you can forget even your name. Living in a world that is reeling in sin, can sometimes make the strongest faith filled believer doubt that God is there, to wonder has he forgotten me?

We know that's never the case the Psalmist reminds us:

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
(Psalm 139:6-10).

If today your feeling alone, maybe wondering does God know where I am?

Remember He not only knows your every move....He will guide you, He will hold you fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?