Thoughts on Friendship







Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis.

I can’t imagine a world devoid of friendships. I discovered research that proves the importance of friendships, in the church.

A large percentage of people who are satisfied in their church, have a best friend in the church! 92% of people initially come because of the pastor (I know scary thought, but stay with me) but they will stay in a church because of friendships in the church. The writer of Proverbs gives clear instruction on the theme of friendship.

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Simple yet profound…if you’re to have friendships you must be friendly! When earthly friendships are not enough there is a friend that is closer than a brother!

There is an Indian saying: “A friend is someone who carries my burden on his back” that’s exactly what the Lord Jesus has done for us!

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24

My dear friends…celebrate friendships make new friends often, hold old friends tightly….and join me in thanking God for the opportunity to call God friend!

Comments

  1. Mark,
    So grateful that God placed you in my life many years ago...you are an amazing friend!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?