Time Travlers Needed!










I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 1:3-6)

Have you ever stepped back in time? Move over H. G. Wells! A few years ago I accomplished time travel...I went back to August of 1980 to Texas, Abilene to be precise!

In 1980, much of Texas, was in the grip of a heat wave, 112 degree days were the norm! Is that possible...yes, soaring temperatures and high humidity drained every living creature, of what little energy we had!

Now before you assume that I have flipped, I did go back in time…mentally through the wonderful gift of memory!

In doing so, the Lord brought to mind a wonderful mentor and wife that He placed in my path to bring encouragement and direction to a wide-eyed College Sophomore who now serves as a pastor.

I decided on a whim (More the prompting of God’s Spirit), to try to contact them.

I googled, (Internet search) Dr. Weaver, and his wife . I found them! I called them! And in that phone conversation the years melted away and I was able to thank this precious couple for caring and loving a College kid, for advising (Dr. Weaver, was my academic advisor at Hardin-Simmons University) and helping ( He recommend me to the First Church I served as a Minister of youth) me along the path of God’s direction!

The Apostle Paul facing arduous and difficult days often went back in time mentally to remember those whom God had sent to make his path easier.

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:3-6)

I encourage you right now to ask the Lord to bring to mind someone you can call, write and express gratitude to, for sharing a season in your path. You will be glad you did!

Remember now is the time to show appreciation, because we are not promised tomorrow, and if you wait to say a heartfelt thank you it might be too late, why, because...

“Dead Noses, smell no roses”

Time Travelers Needed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?