My Second Favorite place to eat on planet Earth!


And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. (Genesis 1:29). 

 Growing up in Colorado Springs, Colorado and  being raised by one of the world’s great cooks (My Mom), I have few and scattered memories of going out to eat as a child.  I mean why would we go out …when you’re accustomed to the “Gold Standard” of southern cooking; anything else is just a poor imitation!

I well remember our family gathering around our kitchen table where we would feast on ribs, green beans, sliced and salted tomatoes, fried okra, buttermilk biscuits made from scratch etc!  The above mentioned meal was standard fair, common place, like on a Monday!  

The next night there would be a heaping bowl of mashed potatoes with shimmering butter doing backstrokes on the surface, fried chicken, the ever present and always welcome biscuits etc. 

Why am I writing this before lunch and after a meager breakfast of two pieces of English toasting bread, and an uneaten banana?  Thankfully our minister of youth just gave me a bottle of….Gold Peak sweetened tea, that should carry me to the end of this blog! 

The subject of this blog is….My second favorite place to eat on planet earth, since you already know who has a firm, in fact eternal grasp on first place…. I want to write about my second favorite. 

It sets on the second floor of the gateway mall in Salt Lake City Utah.  It is  perched above the California pizza kitchen….for me it looms... really like a beacon of bliss! Just the mention of the name and my tastes buds stand at attention like a line of elite soldiers!  The name rolls off my tongue like it’s reluctant to leave! You can access it via an escalator, and you will be thankful to ride that escalator back down after experiencing the second best place to eat on the planet!

The second best place to eat on the planet for me is...(Next to Moms) …..Tucanos Brazilian Grill!

As I was typing the name my computer asked if I wanted to add it to my dictionary….yes! Here is how they describe their fair: 

Come to Tucanos Brazilian Grill, where a dining experience rich in flavor and heritage awaits you. The Brazilian tradition of grilling, or CHURRASCO (shoe-HAS-ko), is a fusion of South American and European cultures. From its birth in the Pampas or grasslands of Brazil, to the sparkling beaches of Rio de Janeiro, Tucanos now extends this festive tradition to you. At Tucanos, meats and vegetables are carefully selected to ensure that only the freshest cuisine is served. Our meats are tastefully seasoned and cooked on skewers over open-flame grills. The skewers are then brought to your table where sizzling portions are sliced onto your plate. You may choose as many different flavors and cuts as you like.

The salad bar is beyond description! The staff superb! The price very affordable! 

Our oldest son Brian ( He has never been to Tucanos) is flying to Wyoming on the weekend of August 12th. Laura and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary with him, and just before he flies back to Colorado (From Salt Lake City) we plan to go, (You know where) and...I know, because I have been there numerous times…that we are in for an incredible time of laughter, and joy…..and tasting the finest food ( Next To Moms) at the second best place to eat on the planet!
Now, where did I put that banana?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?