Wild horse loop and an unexpected adventure!



Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. (James 1: 2-3) NLT

A wife of nearly 30years, a Fuji camera, and an opportunity to film wild horses, all of this on an early Friday evening in Wyoming! No wonder Wyoming’s state motto is “Forever West”! 

Wild horse loop is a dirt road that winds above the city of Green River. Almost every time I have been up there I have seen Wild horses.  Laura and I jumped in (Actually I haven’t jumped in years) the Jeep and away we went for our Western adventure.

Laura had a brand new (Wedding anniversary gift)  Fuji camera, and the horses we hoped, were waiting.  

Dirt roads, dust,  and earnest searching revealed no horses….then I spotted some in the distance turned around (Laura wanted me to drive on, Oh how I wish I would listened to my wife) searching, realizing they were too far away for a descent shot…even if you happen to have a Fuji camera:)

I turned back around…suddenly the information console in the Jeep was telling us….a tire is losing air! Yikes, I have not changed a tire since Reagan was President, and when I did I was trim, and had never really partaken of Baptist potlucks!  Definition- I was in shape then….now I am a shape… round!


Sure enough when I checked the air was leaving that tire, like a bootlegger leaving a Sunday school picnic!

I had my cell phone, started to call some Baptist Backup (Think Associate Pastor, or Deacons, who love Pastor Mark) I could not reach anyone!   

Before I could send another distress call Laura uttered a string of words, which I did not want to hear! Let’s change it ourselves!

Thus began our unexpected adventure! I could not find even the tire lug wrench, and was ready to call again for help…when she did the unthinkable; she read the instructions on how to change our Jeep tire!   

We quickly found the lug wrench, and all other necessary equipment to fulfill our tire changing needs.

Together we got it done!  


We had no more congratulated ourselves on this mission impossible, when that blasted console informed us….that another tire was going down! One flat OK, I can see it, two flats no way Harriet!

Way:(


Funny thing was, it said the left front was losing air…I checked it, it looked fine.  So we proceeded to get off that Mountain pronto!  The console kept beeping, we kept hoping, and checking the left front, finding it OK.

We finally hit pavement, and heard the thud….that confirmed that blasted console ( It's only miscue, was to tell us the front tire was going down, when in fact it was the other back tire) is in fact accurate, and we discovered the back passenger tire ….looked like it had gone three rounds with a prize fighter!


We pulled into the Hampton Inn Parking lot, where the Jeep spent the night free of charge, and the next morning we got the flat fixed, and called in some Baptist Backup, to change the other one….thank you Deane and Jake!


Laura received a Fuji camera for our anniversary….and I am going shopping for tires, all because of Wild horse loop and an unexpected adventure!

What did I learn?

   1. I  should have listened to my wife!
   2. Reading instructions is sometimes a smart thing to do.
   3. If you have two flats, do so close to home where you have friends!

 Take a look at Wild horse loop, and the reason why we went...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home!

In Honor of Peter Marshall.

How are things at home?